Mailman - [Prog-lang] Talk Tue 9 September at 1500: Hannes Mehnert on OCaml-TLS; University of Copenhagen

Forside

Mailman > Mail details - [Prog-lang] Talk Tue 9 September at 1500: Hannes Mehnert on OCaml-TLS

Mailman - [Prog-lang] Talk Tue 9 September at 1500: Hannes Mehnert on OCaml-TLS

Peter Sestoft sestoft at itu.dk
Mon Aug 11 08:38:50 CEST 2014

Title: OCaml-TLS - transport layer security purely in OCaml

Speaker: Hannes Mehnert, Cambridge University

Tuesday 9 September 2014 at 1500-1600 in room 2A08 at the IT University

Abstract:
Mirage OS is a research project developing library operating systems.
OCaml programs are executed directly as XEN guests (or FreeBSD kernel
modules). In this talk I'll briefly talk about Mirage OS, and then
describe deeply TLS and our OCaml-TLS implementation.

TLS is probably the most widely deployed security protocol. It is used
amongst others for securing web services, mail, virtual private
networks. OCaml-TLS is a clean-slate implementation of TLS in OCaml. It
is interoperable with other TLS implementations.

At https://tls.openmirage.org our OCaml-TLS stack is used to serve a
website and some JavaScript.

Bio: Hannes is MSc from TU Berlin and PhD 2013 from the IT University, and
now works in the Mirage project at Cambridge University.